Working without distractions?

What I'm blogging about here is basically related to doing anything that required concentration and dedication combined with a calm atmosphere. In this case I'm not implying that music is a bad thing, far from it, but having your neighbors changing tiles in the bathroom or rennovating the living room can really make you yell in horror when you have some work to do and you keep hearing that collection of drills go on for 5 hours straight.

I was thinking about all of this while listening to my neighbors (yes, plural) apparently change every bit of their homes. The only place that made sense of using for some of my work in the last couple of days was the public library, but where I live wireless Internet access at such places is still a myth so that's out of the question...

I was surfing with a grin on my face while imagining all sorts of things happening to the rude people next door (and involving a pair of pliers and a blow torch) while I stumbled upon Paragraph and my mouth opened in one of those "I cannot believe how cool this is" scenes. Dubbed as "a quiet place to write" at the moment it seems like utopia, call it "a gym for the average intellectual". The idea is to have a relaxing and quiet atmosphere where you can write in peace.

I wouldn't mind taking a laptop and my iPod there and kill a few hours while working. If you're wondering about opening hours, it's just perfect 24/7/365, so if you get dumped on New Year's Eve you can still catch up on that novel that you told everyone you'd write 5 years ago. Now, if I only lived in New York...
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment