Photographs from all over the world

Every photo tells a story. It doesn't matter if it's about a lion that's attacking his prey or a child running in the park.

One of my favorite things on the Internet is the possibility to explore far away places that I haven't seen already. Sometimes it's places I've visited but shown in a different light, a different perspective. Usually when I travel I'm not interested in looking at the sights, I prefer to catch a glimpse of the life as people who live in that city have it. I'm one of those people that sometimes get weird looks from other tourists as I take a photo of a dirty deserted street, a man fixing his car or just a trashcan, while everybody else is snapping mad at a famous church.

Looking for an unfiltered view of the world is not easy but this is where amazing photographs come into the picture. Listed below are some of the sites that have caught my attention:
  • Express Train - Travis Ruse travels to work with the subway - 3 trains, 11 stops, and 45 minutes each way. His website shows what he sees every day commuting to and from work.
  • Overshadowed - Photos of Hong Kong and New York. See the cities in their majesty.
  • Daysphoto - Photos by Hara Fumiaki - people, scenes and still life. Very elegant and stylish.
  • Pictureofsoup - Many of these photos make me feel lonely. It feels like watching the photos of a world where there's no more living people.
  • Northern Exposure - this is not the TV series but it's still connected with it since the author is based in Alaska. Definitely not your usual photos here.
The photo that comes with this post is mine. I still don't have a photoblog but perhaps soon I'll start one, we'll see.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

3:52 PM

hello, thank you for your introduction of my page.
Some people came to my page from this entry. I'm expecting your photolog to start.    



7:39 PM

I really enjoy your work, do keep it up :)    



» Post a Comment