Make Gmail Notifier roar

Since the release of the Gmail Notifier for Mac OS X my e-mail experience has definitely improved a lot. I like having personal and business e-mail separated and Gmail is very useful because it gives me the possibility of storing a plethora of files.

Now, since I prefer to keep all my e-mail accessible in one location, using Mail for Gmail was not an option. On the other hand, checking the website every now and then can be annoying. The Gmail Notifier has been a marvelous addition to my status bar and now I can check e-mail only when it arrives.

Many have complained about the look, or lack there of, when it comes to the Notifier. I'm not surprised since it's a Google product and that's a good thing - they're about quality and simple design. However, I'm happy to have found the Gmail+Growl, a plugin to the Mac OS X version of Gmail Notifier that shows you notifications using Growl when new mail is received. Growl is a simple tool that allows applications to send out notifications to your screen, and if you haven't tried it yet I can highly recommend it, works like a charm! :)
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

10:43 AM

I am using Gmail notifier and it is a piece of useful software. From my perspective it lacks of one option - possibility to make all e-mail read. I usually receive a couple of mailing lists to the Gmail account. When I check the list of messages there are times when I just want to make all email read so the notifier doesn't show that there are still xx emails unread.    



3:08 PM

Since Google employees have to spend 20% of their time on personal projects I'm sure that the person that made the Notifier will eventually pack it with more useful features.

They have "Undo discard message" now and no webmail has that yet, so who knows where they will be in 12 months time.    



» Post a Comment