Howl's Moving Castle - anime at its best

Tonight I watched Howl's Moving Castle (original title - Hauru no ugoku shiro) by Hayao Miyazaki and, as I expected, it's a masterpiece. I already know I won't be able to get it out of my head for days, the same happens every time I watch one of his works.

The messages are here once again: war is pointless and love can prevail. Some may call it cheesy but this anime is all but that. It's got cuteness, obesity, anger, vanity, love and hate all mixed up into one giant story. I can't wait for this beauty to come out on DVD :)

In the opinion of Pixar's John Lasseter, Miyazaki is "the world's greatest living animator".

For all of you that are interested in Miyazaki's work, I suggest you take a look at this interview as it's one of the rare occasions he speaks for the media - according to the author, this is his first interview in 10 years. It touches animation in general, his relationship with Disney and life as he sees it.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment