Enhance your desktop with amazing icons

Being an icon junkie I want my desktop to have a new feel at least once a week. This leads me to search high and low for all the design elements I need to gather in order to make the perfect OS experience. These are the resources I used to grab free stuff recently, some I use regularly as they are constantly updated:
  • Enhanced Labs - perfectly polished icons that seem to come from somewhere around 2053. Downloads available for all platforms - Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux (PNG).
  • InterfaceLIFT - huge site with a great database. At the moment of writing they offer 879 icon sets for Mac OS X for download. This is definitely a place to bookmark.
  • Bombia Design - Not many icons per set, about 3, but they are closely related to a theme like Apple hardware. Very futuristic and simple, people that like a minimalist desktop now and then will enjoy them a lot.
I have many more websites to explore, icons to recommend and wallpapers to try. If you have a website you think is good leave a comment or drop me an e-mail and I'll check it out and possibly feature it here.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment